Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mechanism error on cd player?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mechanism error on cd player?

Has anyone had this error on their cd player? I rarely listen to cd's but I have a couple in there just in case I feel like listening to them. But now whenever I start the car it says mechanism error and the cd's won't load nor eject. My closest dealer is about an hour away so I thought I'd ask here first - and it sucks because I'm about to store my car for 2-3 years. Just wondering if its a common problem(I searched for mechanism error but didn't find anything...) or I just have bad luck lol

Post Thanks / Like

This is a new one on me, sorry. Sounds like something for the dealer to take a look at, warranty FTW...
    -Kris-

2013 Boss 302 GHIG #1184

2011 Grabber Blue Mustang 5.0 (gone... meh...)

2008 PBM G8 GT #769 <<< SOLD (and missed)
    Best 1/4: 12.79 @ 109.76

Post Thanks / Like

You didn't put a CD in with one of those home made paper labels on it by any chance?
    FORMER OWNER 2008 Pontiac G8 GT
    IOM, 20% Tint, 19" Zinik Z27 Sofins, American Racing Header 1 7/8System, Powerbond Underdrive Pulley, 160 Deg. Thermostat,Ported Throttle Body, VARARAM OTR Intake, Livernois Motorsports Tune and Ported Intake. Mobile 1 M1113 Oil Filter, Royal Purple 5W-30, New Era Performance Non DOD 228/240 Cam, Pypes Violators, BMR Trailing Arms and Toe Rods, GXP Front Bumper and Rear Diffuser, Yank 3200 Eibach Pro Series Springs, SJM Line Lock 426 HP and 390 Torque. 1/4 Mile 12.0910 @ 116.53 MPH Coming Someday: Magnacharger.
    LIVERNOIS
    New Era Performance
    http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r...gger_name2.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Nope sure didn't - I have 3 cds in there, one is a cd-rw no label at all and the other 2 aren't burnt - even when I don't have it on cd player mode when I start up the car with xm on it still says the error. ugh. guess I will call the dealer just sucks because they are so far away, the chevy dealer close to me closed a few months ago ha. Hope they don't have to get a new cd player or something my car is going in storage friday.
    09 SBM G8 GT - 1 of 1111 - Vararam ~ Solo Mach Shorty Catback ~ SC Cortex 93 tune

Post Thanks / Like

Just an update, after messing with it alittle bit(smacking it a bit when it was trying to read a cd it finally spit them out, I guess it was stuck and couldnt read them for some reason, weird.)
    09 SBM G8 GT - 1 of 1111 - Vararam ~ Solo Mach Shorty Catback ~ SC Cortex 93 tune

Post Thanks / Like

I would get that fixed before you store it and the warranty expires. Trust me you don't want to have to buy a new one from the dealer.
    888-748-4655
    All Prices in posts are subject to change at anytime.
    Check us out at www.PacePerformance.com

2009.5 Liquid Red G8 GT
    2009 MSM Supercharged G8 GXP M6 - 11.51 @ 126.09
    586rwhp/495tq

Post Thanks / Like

My CD changer is giving the Mechanism Error message as well. It just started today. I unloaded a CD and that's when it started. It wouldn't get ready to load a new CD and wouldn't load any other CDs. I tried the wait 45 seconds after shutting off and removing the key/opening the door and hitting eject. It tried to eject all, but that didn't happen and it gave the error again. I tried restarting the car several times, then waiting a while before trying again. The sucky thing is that I just got it back from having a bad gas cap replaced THIRTY MINUTES EARLIER. It has impeccable timing.

Post Thanks / Like

Update: It started working the next morning, which wasn't surprised based on what I've read. After backing up my new CDs, I put them in and they seem to work fine. I even ejected one of the CDs that was in there. Go figure.

Post Thanks / Like

THIRD!!!

I got the "Mechanism Error," tonight.

Player won't eject or play.

Perhaps, I'll get lucky, like the guys above, and it'll just start working, again.

What's odd is that the CD was in the middle of playing the 5th track of 10, and it just stopped.

This is my first problem with the car...
    CALIFORNIA - 2009 White Hot G8 GXP #464 M6 - MODS: some

Post Thanks / Like

Finally, got back to the car.

Started it up, hit eject on the player, and it spits out both discs.

I loaded one disc back into the player, played half a song, and shut 'er down.

Should I expect this mechanism error to happen, again?

Or, was this just a "fluke?"
    CALIFORNIA - 2009 White Hot G8 GXP #464 M6 - MODS: some